- Ever since passing out two weeks ago, I’ve sort of abstained from exercising. My only form of “exercise” is going up and down our staircase, and occasionally stepping out of my house to go to the internet cafe or to my friend’s house, which are both walking distances from my house.
- Also, I’ve applied for two marketing internships this summer. I’m also looking for public relations internships, so if you know some, hit me up!
- Org work is keeping me busy this summer. I was elected as one of the officers in my organization this year, and I’ve been helping out with the planning of my org’s activities this school year! It’s not a walk in the park, but it’s going to be worth it. I actually see it as some form of training!
- I MISS MY LAPTOP. :(
- Hannah Horvath- I don’t know, but I could relate to Hannah. Her struggles with weight, insecurities—— basically almost everything about her.
- Mindy Lahiri- Honestly, I really think that Mindy and Hannah could be each other’s spirit animals. I don’t know, but I think that Mindy and Hannah go through almost the same things, except Mindy’s successful in her field, and Hannah is still struggling with the career path she’s in. Just like Mindy, I want to be successful in the career path that I want to take, which is in the media or the advertising industry.
- Fat Amy- I see Fat Amy as the confident, funny, and smart girl in movies. She’s there to steal the show from everyone, and she doesn’t give a fuck about the naysayers. She’s confident and comfortable in her own skin, which is something that I’ve been struggling with as I was growing up. I think she is, and always will be one of the characters that I am going to look up to for a positive self-image. It’s also a good thing that she’s really, really funny too.
Anyway, who is/are your spirit animals?
Oh, just random observations/ramblings from today:
On workouts and exercise
- When it comes to daily workouts, Hip Hop Abs is the only one working well for me (so far). It’s not as painful as the Shred, Insanity, and the VSX workout series, which is something that I like. I use the latter workouts as warm-up exercises though.
- I can give up chips, ice cream and soda….but I can’t give up on chocolate chip cookies. I just can’t. I’ll maybe have one cookie every meal.
- My weight right now is 127 pounds. I’m planning to lose 8 pounds by the end of March. And then during the summer, I’ll lose another 4. #letsdothis
On New Year’s resolutions
- Just like everyone else, I make a couple of New Year’s resolutions. I start well, and then I give up during the middle of the year. Tsk tsk.
- Okay, so I just figured out what will be my New Year’s resolutions for 2013. It involves getting fit, getting better grades, and working harder for everything.
Random thoughts about everything———- in bullet points:
- I’m going to visit the National Museum for my FA class next week. Just so you know, I love going to museums and art galleries. Whenever I have free time, I always drop by the Ateneo Art Gallery to check out the awesome artwork out there!
- I have a test in Theology next week. So far, my Theology class has been awesome—— I have an awesome teacher, our discussions in class are pretty mindblowing, but I still need to read the assigned readings for class so I can relate to the test. I guess I should start reading later.
- I got some terrible news last Saturday. My other film camera, which I lovingly refer to as Baby, suddenly died on me. I need to have it fixed as soon as possible. :(
- My dorm space is in complete disarray. I must fix it tomorrow, since I’m free for the rest of the day.
Life in phone photos (so far):
- Sebastian’s Cookie Dough ice cream is the most delicious ice cream I’ve ever eaten. Well, anything that involves chocolate chip cookies is good.
- I finally got Ramon Bautista’s first book! Will make a review about this soon in my Wordpress blog.
- I saw these stationery kits at Fully Booked Katipunan last Saturday, and I must say, it’s too pretty to use.
You go fill in the blanks. Anyway, my options are these:
- bacon and cheese
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom
- me and my dog
- milk and chocolate chip cookies
- Harvey Specter and Mike Ross
- Donna Paulsen and Harvey Specter
- Sherlock Holmes and John Watson
- peanut butter and apples
Some things just work so damn well together.
I never liked Total Girl magazine when I was a kid. The magazines that I read when I was a kid were K-Zone and WITCH. And my mom made it a point to buy me WITCH every month, which was something that I looked forward to when I was a kid. Anyway, I don’t buy that much magazines anymore now, but my current favorites are Esquire, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Preview, Newsweek, Time, Nylon and Teen Vogue. And oh, I think I need to buy new magazines already. September’s a big month for magazines, and I think need to get my hands on the latest issues of my favorite magazines.
- Note to self while taking pictures: Don’t let your finger block the viewfinder while taking pictures. And oh, use film with 400 ISO while taking indoor shots (especially if you still don’t have flash).
- Have the patience to read, Lea! Learn how to extend your attention span.
- I should take more pictures using my film camera. And hopefully, I can buy a film SLR!
Here’s to hoping that ALL the pictures I took with my film camera will be developed, and getting through all my classes…and passing all my subjects.
An update: I wasn’t able to print all of the pictures I took, but I was able to print more than 60% of them! Can’t wait to scan them and compile them in an album. Hihi.
- I love the Spice Girls! I know I don’t look like it, but yes, I am a Spice Girls fan. They were a huge part of my childhood! I collected Spice Girls stickers from lollipops, I had an audio tape, and I think my mom got me a copy of Spiceworld too!
- An and En of Your Evil Twin are my new girl crushes.
- When I was a kid, I used to watch Jesus Christ Superstar with my mom….and we would watch it on repeat.
- I wish I had Mike Ross’ memory.
- And yes…I still watch Max and Ruby.
- I need to catch up on school work.
- I need to work on my little bulletin board. Yay for double-sided tape.
- I’m good at Logos Quiz…chos.
- Childish Gambino is my favorite rapper. Sorry, Kid Cudi, Kanye, and Jay-Z.
- And oh, Adventure Time is my happy pill.
- I want more milk tea. Ever since my dad introduced me to this powdered milk tea mix yesterday, I’ve been craving for nothing but milk tea.
- We have a new TV….my life is over.
- Anyway, I’m thankful for the long weekend.
- My dad keeps on giving me chocolate bars ….I’m going to be restless all the time.