Here’s the first batch of photos for my weekly photo blog! It’s like a Project 52 of sorts, but I’m going to post seven photos each week. This week’s photos are all about MCA Week, and other things in between.
- My magazine collection at home. I took this during the last day of Christmas vacation.
- Lester + Deane of Moving Things were the first speakers for the MCA Week Lecture Series! Their talk is pretty fun, and their body of work is just amazing.
- The MCA exhibit featuring the four MCA orgs, CoSA (my org), LFC, AComm, and AMP.
- I bought a copy of JD Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye, and I finally got my copy of David Levithan’s Wide Awake.
- The MCA Week logo. Lester and Deane did a pretty cool job in reworking the logo! I went crazy of the MCA stickers, though.
- I should start taking more photos of myself.
- Keds was one of the sponsors for MCA Week, and they had a mini-exhibit the tambay area from yesterday until this afternoon. Keds is one of my favorite sneaker brands because of its versatility (You can wear anything with a pair of Keds Champion sneakers), and its cool, hipster, girl-next-door vibe. It’s also amazing that a pair of plain white Keds Champions can become works of art.
Note: Some photos are mine, others are grabbed from various people.
(Hello, short hair)
(May: also known as the month when we saw Joe Jonas)
The Workout Plan…..according to someone who’s allergic to exercise:
- 20-30 minutes of Insanity + Hip Hop abs (daily)
- 50 minutes of Futsal (twice a week—— PE)
- 1 hour at the gym! Gym workout includes: 15 minutes at the stationary bike, 10 minutes at the treadmill, then 20 minutes with the weights and the exercise balls. (thrice a week)
- Daily walk from school to the dorm (and other places along Katipunan) (daily leg workout)
- My dad is not a huge fan of processed/junk food, so he makes sure that the food that we eat everyday is home-cooked. He also makes sure that we have vegetables in our meals, which is a really good thing.
- I just eat whatever our helper cooks, but I make sure that I increase my vegetable intake and reduce my rice.
- I can’t live without chocolate chip cookies, so it’s the only exception for my dessert/snacks.
- I try to eat fruits almost everyday.
- When I’m at the dorm (or away from home), I try to prepare my own breakfast as much as possible. Usually, it’s wheat bread with a slice of cheese, or cereal. For lunch, I usually just eat whatever I like, but starting this January, I’m going to try to incorporate healthier stuff into my meals. I’ll also have to lessen my carb intake.
Greeting the first day of Christmas break with this puppy!
HOHOL with my animal friend
(P.S. Don’t mind my face here)
Meet my puppies, Max and Ruby!
Why yes, I named my puppies after my favorite bunnies from Nick Jr. #yolo
- My hard drive stopped working. All my pictures, videos, files, music, and whatnot are there. Even the movies and shows that I’ve nicked from friends and classmates! And yes, even Max and Ruby. :(( My dad has constantly reminded me to take care of my things, and by proving to him that I’m old enough to be responsible for my things, I’ve decided to save up and get a new hard drive (Or maybe I’ll sell a few things…like my photos and some of my magazines and books).
- I’ve been immersing myself a lot with org work, and I think it’s getting in the way with my school work. But I guess it’s a bit of a good thing….since I’m not wasting that much time on the internet. And I’m such a trooper in my org now, since I’ve been helping out with my org’s activities for this semester.
- I went on a “date” today. My “date” bought me a chocolate cupcake, after his blockmate convinced him to buy a cupcake for me. This is for my Psychology class, by the way. But yeah, we’re going to continue our date tomorrow, so we can just wrap things up and give some sort of closure to our “date.”
- Something school-related: I have an exam for Theology on Friday, and I do not know what to do with it. I’m screwed. I’m not sleeping tonight so I can read EVERYTHING (and probably answer most of the items for the exam). Aside from the Theology exam on Friday, I still have to submit a reflection paper for my Psychology class…..and I haven’t even started.
- Now that the RH Bill is a hot topic right now on social media, allow me to admit that I’m actually pro-RH bill. One, I’m all for better health care, and two, the fact that the bill is actually for women and for development. I still have to ingest a lot of things about the bill, but these reasons will suffice.
- I still have a lot to learn when it comes to spending and saving money. Gaaaah.
P.S. : I actually prefer to write stuff in bullet points because I think that’s how my mind works—- one bullet point after another.
Some photos from our “spontaneous” photo shoot at UP! I’m saying it’s “spontaneous,” since I was actually dragged to the shoot. My friend Chandra was actually the one participating in the shoot, but I was invited at the last minute to help out and participate in the shoot. Teehee.
I know my Photoshop skills are bad, but check out my virtual birthday card for my friend Chandra! It’s her birthday today!
My favorite part of today’s adventure: I saw Juan Luna’s Spoliarium in person!
I went to the National Museum today for my Philippine Painting class! I have nothing much to say, but the trip to the National Museum was pretty fun! I (along with my classmates) visited various art galleries that showed the evolution of Philippine art (Philippine painting and sculpture in particular), and galleries that displayed the evolution of the Filipino culture. I know I sound geeky, but I really enjoyed visiting these galleries in the National Museum. I’m definitely going back in the near future.