- I FINALLY GOT MY LAPTOP BACK! But my laptop needs some serious defragmenting and cleaning, though.
- After some serious carbo-loading during my Malaysia trip, I’ve been practically cleaning up my body. I’ve been eating more vegetables, and I made a decision to stop eating chips too.
- I planned my first semester schedule already. I have a lot of breaks, but I should use them wisely.
- I should be more creative when it comes to a lot of things. No, seriously.
Booksale sells some of the best magazines ever. Got my first copy of i-D with Lena Dunham on the cover!
Some photos from my Malaysia trip!
Spending this year’s summer vacation with the CoSA CB! It’s going to be a productive summer ahead.
(pictures from Tiffy King and Alex Alcaraz)
For me, the summer vacation is the perfect time to rest, relax, and do the things that I’ve been longing to do for the longest time. And this year, I’ve come up with a list of the things that I plan to do during the summer vacation. I’m excited! Here are the things that I plan to do for summer this year:
- Go on a trip. This year, my family’s going to Kuala Lumpur. My dad has always wanted to take us to Kuala Lumpur, since it was something different from Singapore and Hong Kong. Also, I wanted to go to Kuala Lumpur because I want to hoard some of the powdered milk tea that my dad once brought home from there! And H&M too.
- Read more books. Over the past few months, I’ve acquired a bunch of books (bought and downloaded online). I think the summer break is the perfect time to catch up on my reading. In fact, I’m going to start with Catcher in the Rye! Honestly, I think that reading does a lot of wonders—-it allows you to expand your vocabulary, and imagine things that are out of this world!
- Work out. My friend Chandra is a fitspiration—-her fitness blog posts are really motivating me to get moving. I’ve posted a workout/diet plan, but I’ve somehow neglected it. I plan to get back into it by mixing up my workouts—-such as walking and playing with my dogs, Hip Hop Abs and weights. I also started eating more vegetables, since I’ve spent the last two months eating crap and not working out.
- Catch up on my TV shows. ‘Nuff said. Once I get my laptop back, I plan to have a downloading spree of all my favorite shows!
- Attend a workshop. I haven’t participated in a workshop in so long, so I’m checking out some workshops online! I’m considering attending a writing workshop, or an art workshop.
- Take pictures with my film cameras.
And oh, aside from these things, I know that this summer is going to be busier than my previous summers (excluding last summer—-because I had summer school, and it was exhausting) because I have org work to do as well. I’m excited for the summer vacation, and I plan to make the most out of it.
Life, according to phone pictures:
- A wild Bloc Party poster appears in Ateneo!
- Some grammar fail sign I found outside my house, and I can’t help but document it.
- The Church of the Gesu, Ateneo’s highest peak.
- The mandatory food photo: this time, it’s ice cream from Picket Fence!
“Be your own person. The kind that doesn’t need social crutches.”
This quote was part of a tweet from one of my best friends, and it struck me quite hard. I am the type of person that sort of goes with the flow of things—- letting myself be overwhelmed by things. Letting others dictate the things that I should be doing, the friends that I should be hanging out with, this and that. It’s as if I don’t take matters into my own hands, and my decisions should please people. In the process, I’ve learned that I should be my own person—- I should stop comparing myself to others, I should start feeling sorry for all the regrets I have made, I should stop doubting and thinking negatively about myself—— and in the process, start doing things on my own terms, and be the best person that I can be. So far, I’ve made decisions that my peers or friends may look down on, but these are the first steps that I’m making in finding out who I truly am, and being my own person.
This month, so far, in pictures:
- Went to Edifice Studios last week for an org activity and spotted this graffiti area.
- Some of my pictures in my photo wall. I haven’t been taking a lot of pictures using my BF 35 lately, since I’m really, really busy with school and I would leave that camera in my dorm.
- Something worth cheering for: I finally have a planner for 2013! This time around, I got the Go Getter Planner. It’s a pretty nifty planner that also helps you set—— and keep track of your goals.
- In a previous post, I mentioned that I watched Give Up Tomorrow in school. I also had the chance to ask and talk to the panelists about the film.
- A proper picture of Ruby, my puppy.
With CoSA people at Manilaman Productions last Monday!
I watched Give Up Tomorrow yesterday. The film reminded me about three things: to have faith, to question everything, and to take a stand. Paco Larrañaga’s story is also a reminder for everyone about how the Philippine justice system works, and how public reaction can really affect our perception of things, good or bad. This film is an eye-opener; I really suggest that you should watch it. If you want to be a part of the cause, check out freepaconow.com.
Anyway, the photo is from Loyola Film Circle’s Turn Rights 2013 Facebook page.
Yesterday, I originally planned to attend the filmmaking talk with RA Rivera. However, I had to attend to a meeting for an org event, which made me miss the whole filmmaking workshop with RA. Luckily, I was able to catch him and have my photo taken with him at the end! I was able to take his picture as well.
- I have two long tests this week: One for Theology, and the other one for Science. Theology’s a bit of a mind-bending subject, that’s why I need to exert so much effort for the test on Friday. Science, well that’s a different story, but I’m going to exert much effort for that subject too.
- Remind me to sign up for my Theology oral exam today. No, really.
- Econ will always be there to provide the stress. Not gonna lie, but I loved Economics back in high school, but now, it’s a completely different ballgame.
- Oh, I think I got a lot of my predictions right for this year’s Golden Globes. Lena, Anne, Jessica, Girls and Hugh Jackman won. LENA FUCKING DUNHAM IS OFFICIALLY MY SPIRIT ANIMAL.
- I got some terrible news today. Now I need to sell stuff and save up lots of money.
- I NEED TO WATCH GIRLS NOW.