Disclaimer: This is actually an attempt to write something inspired by fashion bloggers. And oh, this post is also inspired by this photo:
Just so you know, I love fashion. Now and then, I read fashion blogs, have a sizable collection of fashion magazines, and I like looking at websites of clothing stores. But here’s the catch: I don’t really shop for clothes. However, when I do shop, I usually buy the basic stuff. Anyway, here are the five things that are considered to be my style staples:
1. Striped shirts - I have this love affair with stripes. I don’t know, but stripes give off this clean, nautical vibe when worn! I have 4 striped shirts in my closet right now, and I plan to add more striped shirts in my collection! Now where can I find striped shirts that are inspired by pad paper, Where’s Wally, and Max (from Max and Ruby)?
2. Cardigans and sweaters/pullovers- I am slowly building up my sweater/pullover collection. I bought two sweaters from Forever 21 last Christmas, and it has been a staple in my closet, just like my striped shirts. I love how I can pair anything with my sweaters, ranging from my paint-splattered denim shorts up to my jeans! I also love the fact that these sweaters can balance the “shortness” of my shorts sometimes.
3. Shorts- Yes, I have been lured by the power of the shorts. When I was younger , wearing shorts was only limited at home. Now, shorts have become a staple in my closet. I live in shorts almost everyday now….to the point that I would get tempted to cut up my old jeans and turn them into shorts!
4. A classic pair of sneakers - A pair of Keds Champion sneakers or a pair of low-cut Chuck Taylors in basic colors would fit in my definition of classic sneakers. Imagine my joy when I got my pair of Keds Champion sneakers in navy. I love the classic, rugged, preppy vibe it gives whenever I pair it with whatever I’m wearing on that day. I can pair my Keds sneakers with basically anything! Same goes for my black Chucks too.
5. A pair of black ballet flats- I’m a sucker for basic pairs of shoes. To be honest, after I bought my black flats last month, I’ve been dying to buy another pair of black flats, in case my flats get ruined by the ever-changing weather. Just like the other closet staples I’ve mentioned, it’s a versatile piece, and I can basically pair it with anything.
Moving on, here’s a list of the things that I want to add in my closet right now:
- floral-printed dresses
- black rain boots (perfect for the weather!)
- oxford flats in black, cream, and brown
- nude ballet flats
- plain skirts in neutral colors
- printed skirts
- a brown satchel that can carry all my school things (school things: laptop & charger, notebook, pencil case, an envelope (for all my readings), and a vanity kit)